Kalki 2898 AD is an upcoming Indian epic science fiction film written and directed by Nag Ashwin. It is produced by C. Aswani Dutt under Vyjayanthi Movies. The film stars an ensemble cast including Prabhas, Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, Deepika Padukone, Disha Patani, and Pasupathy.
The film is set in the year 2898 AD and tells the story of Kalki, a warrior who is destined to save humanity from an alien invasion. Kalki is played by Prabhas, who is known for his roles in films such as Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion. Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a scientist who helps Kalki in his quest. Kamal Haasan is rumored to play the role of an evil leader. Deepika Padukone and Disha Patani are rumored to play the love interests of Kalki.
Kalki is a high-budget film, with a production cost of over ₹600 crore (US$75 million). It is the most expensive Indian film ever made. The film’s music is composed by Santhosh Narayanan, and the cinematography is by Djordje Stojiljkovic.
Kalki is scheduled to be released in cinemas in January 2024. However, there have been rumors circulating that the release date might be postponed to May 2024. The reason for this potential delay is that the film is still in the post-production stage, and the producers want to give the visual effects team more time to ensure they deliver an extraordinary cinematic experience.
• The film was originally titled Project K but was renamed Kalki 2898 AD in July 2023.
• The film’s teaser was released at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2023.
• The film’s release date is currently set for January 2024, but there are rumors suggesting it may be postponed to May 2024.
• The film has been shot in multiple locations, including Hyderabad, Mumbai, and London.
• The film’s special effects are being created by Weta Digital, the company that created the special effects for The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Kalki 2898 AD is an upcoming sci-fi epic that is sure to be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2024. The film has an ensemble cast of top stars, and it is directed by Nag Ashwin, who is known for his critically-acclaimed films such as Mahanati and Project K. The film’s budget, teaser release, and potential release date postponement have all been confirmed, and the film is currently in the post-production stage. If you are a fan of sci-fi or action films, then you should definitely check out Kalki 2898 AD when it is released in cinemas, whether in January 2024 or potentially in May 2024.
Share this content: